Liam is available for private lessons and clinics in Victoria and Greater Vancouver. Online lessons (Skype, FaceTime, Zoom) may also be arranged. Liam also teaches through the Victoria Conservatory of Music; rates are different and set by the VCM.
45 minutes (younger/beginner students): $45
60 minutes (advanced students/adults): $60
Clinics for groups of 4+ students: $150
Selected teaching experience:
- 2019-present: Victoria Conservatory of Music and Camosun College
- 2016-17: University of British Columbia
- 2009-present: Private teaching studio
Selected clinic experience:
- January 2022: University of Victoria
- January 2022: Victoria Conservatory of Music
- January 2020: St. Michael’s University School (Victoria, BC)
- April 2019: St. George’s School (Vancouver, BC)
- Jan-Apr. 2018, SFU School for the Contemporary Arts (Vancouver, BC): Composer Readings and Composing for Clarinet
- Sept. 2017, Windfest! (The University of British Columbia): Tuning Workshop for Clarinet, Introduction to Contemporary Clarinet
- Oct. 2016, Windfest! (The University of British Columbia): Introduction to Contemporary Clarinet Techniques
- If you are interested in regularly-scheduled lessons, they must be purchased and pre-paid by cash or cheque in four-week blocks. We will work together to find a regular time for your lessons and I will keep clear attendance records to ensure that you are getting what you have paid for. You have the option of scheduling a single “trial” lesson (at normal rates) before committing to and purchasing a monthly block.
- If your scheduling does not allow for regularly-scheduled lessons, individual drop-in lessons can be a good option. In this case, lessons must be paid by cash or cheque during our meeting.
- 24-hour cancellation notice is strictly required. With appropriate notice, I will credit the tuition of your missed session towards either a make-up lesson to be scheduled at a mutually convenient time or towards one of the lessons from your next pre-paid block.
- Cancellations without 24-hour notice or “no-shows” will not be refunded except for some extenuating circumstances at the sole discretion of the instructor.